Verona Update (11/18/21) – President’s meeting / Toys for Tots / Landscaping / Sealcoating / Lights / Save the Date
The following items will be of interest to Verona residents:
President’s Meeting (11/18/21)
1) New hours for the trap gate operation will be from 6:00pm till 6:00am each day. Exit arm will also be “down” during those hours.
2) New policy to be announced: Golf carts NOT used on the golf course can be any color.
3) Construction Road upgrade: DRI must be revised before road will be built and upgraded.
4) PPCA is striving for a stronger, regular police presence in the community. Meanwhile, police will continue to be hired for traffic enforcement.
5) Rumble strips on Veneto Road leading to the Town Center: City has to approve the planned improvements.
6) Boardwalk: Will be completed by late December, but two government agencies must approve. January opening is anticipated.
7) Walking path around Preserve: Repairs will be made on sections as needed.
8) Low water pressure: While not a problem in Verona, this is an ongoing issue in other areas of the community.
9) Water delivery from city: New pump station at end of Treeline near Daniels will not be completed till Fall 2022.
10) Former Sales Center: Conversion plans will include Library, Music Room, Card Rooms, Offices, Coffee service (in addition to TC).
11) Flip Flops and Destinations: Emphasis is being placed on improving the “experience”. New menus, food choices, Sports TV, Employee training.
12) Community Garage Sale: The date has not yet been set.
Toys for Tots
Verona will participate in the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program. A collection box will be provided for donations at our Christmas lighting on Sunday, December 5th. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy to add to the box.
Extensive Improvements will begin in January consisting of the areas between and in front of the units. Not every home will be affected. Be aware: In some
instances, the resident will need to remove walkway lights to avoid damage. ALSO: If in the past you have paid to have a special
planting installed by Ameriscape, you will need to identify it so it will not inadvertently be removed. Specifics will be provided in January.
There will be some maintenance issues addressed in December such as concrete repair and tree removal due to disease that are not part of the main project.
Thanks for Toivo Ratsep, Mary McKinney, and Gary Johnson for agreeing to serve as advisors to the Board on landscaping maintenance. Their purpose will be
to work directly with Ameriscape personnel on a regular basis using walk throughs to identify areas such as dead bushes, broken sprinkler heads, trimming, etc.
that need to be fixed or repaired. NOTE that if a resident has any of the above mentioned concerns, it should be reported directly to Ameriscape (and not the committee) using their ticket system or by making a phone call. This is the most efficient way to correct a problem and establish a history of the report.
The CDD will not be sealcoating streets in Pelican Preserve as their engineers feel this is strictly an appearance condition and not necessary for street maintenance. Roads will be inspected each year for eventual repaving as will be done in Avila whose streets are in poor condition. Meanwhile, the Verona
Board believes the consensus of our association residents is to sealcoat the street. This, and sidewalk / driveway power washing will be done in the Spring.
Still under evaluation … lots to consider. A possible sample unit has been installed at 10549 Diamante. Your comments are welcomed.
Save the Dates
December 1st: Annual Verona Meeting – 1:00pm – Town Center Theater
December 7th: Facilities meeting. Both in person and hybrid. Current revised plans will be revealed. Location / Time to be announced.
December 8th: Ft. Myers city personnel will visit to answer questions. 3:00pm, Magnolia Room
Thanks for your support.